Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Greek Yogurt w/ Agave Nectar & Cashews

I made Greek Yogurt today ~ not that it's hard, you just dump plain yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth (or paper towels) for a few hours until the yogurt gets nice and thick. The only mistake I made was buying "All Natural" instead of "Fat Free" (I just wasn't paying attention, I guess). I might still go to the store and buy Fat Free also and then mix the two. Anyway, I start P2 tomorrow, which means I can have my favorite dessert ~ Greek Yogurt w/ Agave Nectar & Cashews. I got this recipe from Kalyn's blog and I absolutely love it!


* Exported from MasterCook *

Greek Yogurt with Agave Nectar and Pecans (P2)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts TNT

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 ounces greek yogurt -- fat free variety)
1 Tablespoon agave nectar -- (the amber variety of agave nectar will taste most like honey)
1/4 cup pecans -- or walnuts, coarsely chopped (10 pieces)

Run a knife around the outside edge of the yogurt inside the container, then invert container over a plate so yogurt comes out upside-down. Drizzle amber agave nectar over yogurt, then sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately.

S(Internet Address):
"http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2007/08/great-sugar-free-dessert-greek-yogurt.html"
Ratings : Very Good 8
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 339 Calories; 19g Fat (46.9% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.


Nutr. Assoc. : 5659 731 0

Labels: , ,



footer